Clackamas Community College


Admissions Center
CCC Oregon Campus, Wacheno Welcome Center

Clackamas Community College has an open access admission policy and welcomes all students who can benefit from the instruction offered, regardless of their educational background. Adult enrollment (18 and older) is unrestricted. Students 17 and younger who have not completed high school or obtained a GED must comply with special enrollment requirements.

If you are working toward a degree or certificate click here to apply for admission online. Paper applications are available upon request. You should apply for admission six months prior to your start term.

Transfer Students

CCC accepts college-level credits from regionally accredited colleges and universities recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). These credits may be accepted for course placement, course equivalency, program requirements, and degree completion.

If you have taken classes at other colleges and would like this coursework reviewed for transfer credit at CCC, ask the college you previously attended to send a copy of your official transcript to Graduation Services. Note: If you want this coursework evaluated before you begin at CCC, apply for admission and send your previous college transcripts to CCC at least three months prior to when you want to begin classes.

Credit for Prior Learning

You may have already completed college credits through several local and national programs, including Advanced Placement (AP), College Level Examination Program (CLEP) International Baccalaureate (IB), and the military. It is important to send exam scores or transcripts to Graduation Services at least 12 weeks prior to the term in which you will begin at CCC so your credits can be evaluated.

Any student receiving VA benefits while attending Clackamas Community College is required to obtain transcripts from all previously attended schools, as well as military transcripts, and submit them to the veterans' school certifying official for review of prior credit.

International Students/Program for Intensive English (PIE)

CCC is approved by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) to accept qualified students on an F-1 visa. Students wanting to pursue a college-level course of study must submit proof of English language proficiency by one of the following:

  • TOEFL score of a 61 iBT or higher
  • IELTS score of 6.0 or higher
  • Completion of two college-level (100 or above) courses in composition or writing with a C or better, taken at a U.S. post-secondary college or university

Participation in a college-level course of study is not guaranteed by meeting the above minimum requirements. To be admitted into college-level courses, a student must also achieve a placement test score of 70+ on the CCC writing placement test.

International students must also submit official transcripts from all prior U.S. post-secondary colleges or universities attended.

If you are unable to demonstrate English proficiency at the required level, you will be placed in the Program for Intensive English (PIE) and conditionally admitted to college-level courses of study.

Application materials and information are available at

Special Admission Programs

The following programs require a separate admission application:

  • Degree Partnership Programs (four-year universities)
  • International Students
  • Dental Assistant
  • Medical Assistant
  • Nursing (RN)

Special admission programs often require prerequisite courses or skills assessments. Requirements, application dates, and deadlines are subject to annual change. Admission requirements and application materials for each program must be downloaded by visiting:

Degree Partnership Programs & Articulation Agreements

At CCC there are several ways in which the college partners with four-year colleges and universities to help make your transition from CCC to your institution of choice easier.

  • You can co-enroll at one of four four-year institutions - Portland State University, Oregon State University, Western Oregon University, and Oregon Institute of Technology all offer the opportunity to be admitted and enrolled at the same time you attend CCC.
  • Articulation Agreements are formal agreements between CCC and specific institutions. These agreements specify the courses that meet degree or program requirements at the receiving college or university. 

Students Younger than Age 18

To take high school or college classes at CCC, the following options are available:

  • If you are 16 years of age or older and want to get your high school diploma or GED at Clackamas, contact the Skills Development Department, 503-594-3028.
  • If you want to take college classes while still in high school, contact High School Connections, 503-594-3161.
  • If you want to earn college credits for courses you are taking at your high school, contact your high school counselor or High School Connections, 503-594-3161.