Program Code: AAS.PROJECTMNGT
Upon completion of the two-year Project Management AAS, students with appropriate work experience are qualified to sit for the national certification examination in project management and to earn the Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
For more information, contact Frank Corona, 503-594-6498, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Related Instruction Outcomes
- 1 course - MTH-065 Algebra II or BA-104 Business Math
- Use appropriate mathematics to solve problems.
- 1 course - WR-121 English Composition
- Read actively, think critically, and write purposefully and capably for professional audiences.
- 1 course - BA-285 Human Relations in Business
- Engage in ethical communication processes that accomplish goals.
Physical Education/Health/Safety/First Aid
- 1 credit - See Related Instruction for course list
- Use effective life skills to improve and maintain mental and physical wellbeing.
Upon successful completion of this program, students should be able to:
- identify project management’s five process group along with primary activities associated with each;
- successfully employ common project management tools, such as a work breakdown structure, network diagram, risk assessment, and earned value management;
- list and explain key motivational, influence, and conflict management techniques;
- employ common software tools for project management;
- analyze scenarios to determine appropriate responses to ethical dilemmas within the context of a defined scenario, plan, execute, control, and close a project;
- develop and maintain budgets to track financial and human resources;
- manage a project from initiation through closing, ensuring that stakeholder requirements have been met;
- demonstrate effective communication skills by selecting the correct medium and correct messenger to deliver compelling, persuasive, and informative communication to leadership, stakeholders, and the project team.
|BA-101||Introduction to Business||4|
|BA-131||Introduction to Business Computing||4|
or Business Math
|BA-120||Project Management Fundamentals||4|
|BA-226||Business Law I||4|
|General Accounting I
or Financial Accounting
|BA-217||Budgeting for Managers||3|
|BA-125||Advanced Project Management Tools||5|
|BA-205||Business Communications With Technology||4|
|BA-223||Principles of Marketing||4|
|BA-285||Human Relations in Business||4|
|BA-123||Leadership & Motivation||3|
|BA-126||Project Management: Workshop||3|
|PE/Health/Safety/First Aid requirement||1|
|BA-268||Applied Project Demonstration||3|
|WR-227||Technical Report Writing||4|
Career opportunities include:
- project and program management
- project portfolio management
- project administration
- project manager
- program manager
- project scheduler
- cost estimator
- project portfolio manager
- project administrator
- project leader
- project office manager/director
- procurement planner/analyst
- procurement assistant
- project assistant
- project coordinator