Program Code: CC.WEBDESIGN2
This program should prepare students for technical positions related to web and graphic design. This multidisciplinary program incorporates classes from computer science and art. Course work includes a strong emphasis on computer graphics and design, data communications theory, operating systems, and web design with a focus on current industry standards. Cooperative Work Experience (CWE) is supervised real-world experience that supplements the academic classroom environment.
For information contact Debra Carino, 503-594-3170 or email@example.com.
Related Instruction Outcomes
- 1 course - MTH-065 Algebra II or higher
- Use appropriate mathematics to solve problems.
- 1 course - WR-121Z Composition I
- Read actively, think critically, and write purposefully and capably for professional audiences.
- 3-4 credits - See Related Instruction for course list
- Engage in ethical communication processes that accomplish goals.
Upon successful completion of this program, students should be able to:
- apply knowledge of current graphic design software to capture or create images for use in client websites;
- leverage existing component tools to create e-commerce applications that solve real-world problems;
- perform client needs analyses to create web applications that solve real-world problems;
- articulate and justify technical solutions to an audience through oral, written, and graphical communication;
- communicate the importance of professional and ethical responsibilities and be aware of codes of conduct and other sources of guidance for professionally ethical decision making.
Plan of Study Grid
|ART-225 ||Computer Graphics I ||4 |
|CS-125H ||HTML & Web Site Design ||4 |
|CS-140 ||Introduction to Operating Systems ||4 |
| ||4 |
|CS-135I ||Advanced Web Design With Dreamweaver ||4 |
|CS-181 ||CMS Web Development ||4 |
| ||3 |
|ART-226 ||Computer Graphics II ||4 |
|CS-280 ||Computer Science/CWE ||3 |
| ||4-5 |
| ||Algebra II || |
| || |
|WR-121Z ||Composition I ||4 |
| ||3-4 |
| ||Total Credits||53-55|
Any CS course not included in the program, or any of the following:
|Code ||Title ||Credits |
|ART-115||Basic Design: 2-Dimensional Design||4|
|ART-262||Digital Photography & Photo-Imaging||3|
|ART-297||Professional Practices and Artist's Skills||3|
|BA-101||Introduction to Business||4|
|BA-103||Business Strategies for Computer Consultants||3|
|BA-120||Project Management Fundamentals||4|
|BA-250||Small Business Management||4|
|DMC-100||Introduction to Media Arts||3|
|DMC-104||Digital Video Editing||4|
|FYE-101||First Year Experience Level I||2|
Career opportunities include:
- web designer
- web production staff
- graphic designer